Israeli Prime Minister Budapest is visiting despite the arrest warrant against him by the Hague -based court.
The International Criminal Court (ICC) said that Hungary is obligated in cooperation with an arrest warrant for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, after the Israeli leader arrived to visit Budapest on Thursday.
The International Criminal Court issued arrest orders in favor of Netanyahu and former Israeli Defense Secretary Yuof Galet in November, due to the alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity related to the Israeli military operation in Gaza. On Thursday, Netanyahu traveled to Hungary, who previously insisted that he would not hold the Israeli leader.
Budapest also announced on Thursday that it had started the official procedure to withdraw from the International Criminal Court. Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Urban explained this step by claiming that the court, which is based in The Hague, has turned into a “Political tool” In recent years.
He talks about Netanyahu’s visit to Budapest later in the day, the international criminal court spokesman, Fadi Al -Abdullah, said “The court remembers that Hungary is still under the duty to cooperate with the International Criminal Court.”
Reuters said earlier that the Hungary would take at least a year to withdraw completely from the International Criminal Court. Budapest signed the Rome System, which gives the International Criminal Court its powers in 1999 and believed it two years later.
The Judicial Guardian of the International Criminal Court is currently recognized by 123 countries, but the court does not have its own police force and depends on the member states of detention and the transfer of the suspects.
Urban called Netanyahu to visit Hungary a day after the court stationed in The Hague was arrested against him, saying he would do so “His guarantee is that if it comes, the International Criminal Court will have no effect on Hungary, and we will not follow its contents.”
During a joint press conference with his Hungarian counterpart on Thursday, Netanyahu Budapest praised “Bold and principled” The decision to withdraw from the court.
Netanyahu insisted on that “It is important to stand at the level of this corrupt organization,” Expressing confidence that Budapest will not be the last capital to abandon the International Criminal Court.
Last month, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) resumed air strikes and ground operations in Gaza, where they spoke with the Palestinian Armed Group Hamas because of the remaining hostages and the implementation of the armistice.
Read more:
Netanyahu is challenging with Budapest visit (photos)
According to the latest data from the Ministry of Health in Gaza, at least 50,523 Palestinians were killed and 114,638 other people were injured inside the pocket since the Israeli Defense Army began its attacks on Gaza in response to a fatal incursion by Hamas to Israel on October 7, 2023.
adxpro.online